Our philosophy is simple:
“The best way to learn the art and craft of filmmaking is to make films.”
The San Francisco School of Digital Filmmaking is a nationally accredited educational institution in the training and development of film and media professionals. Since our inception, we have dedicated our school to the re-imagination of the film school model and to building a more creative and educational environment. We nurture an aspiring filmmaker’s aesthetic spark while providing the critical hands-on training necessary to have a successful career in the film, television and new media industries. Nationally accredited by the Council on Occupational Education, our film school curriculum is project-based, combining traditional classroom study with practical hands-on, real-world learning. As a student you’ll work on professional sound stages, use state-of-the art filmmaking equipment, and make tough creative and technical decisions.
Why Study Film at SF Film School?
- Small class size
- Diverse, international student body
- Hands-on, production-based learning
- Mentorship from award-winning film, TV and new media professionals
- Intensive courses, challenging schedule, and an accelerated completion timeline
- Greater access to high quality, state-of-the-art equipment
- Develop contacts in the entertainment industry
- Receive credit on student and professionally-produced feature films
- Nationally accredited
- Federal financial aid and veterans benefits accepted